Friday, September 23, 2011

MY car is squeaking really bad. Do I need a new belt?

It's the belt that goes around my alternator. I've tried decreasing and increasing the tension, but it didn't help very much, if at all. Should I get a new belt? I've changed it before on my truck. (For different reasons)
MY car is squeaking really bad. Do I need a new belt?
No. Just turn the radio up real loud. 鈽?br>


Why not take it to your mechanic. He wouldn't guess.
MY car is squeaking really bad. Do I need a new belt?
Try that! They don't cost that much!
You belt would be the cheapest fix I would imagine. If this doesn't work it could be the bearings in the alternator itself.
Better safe than sorry. You don't want any of the belts in there to break. I'd take it to a trusted mechanic to be sure, but you probably need a new one if it is squeaking. They're not usually expensive.
First make the belt nice and tight, if it still squeaks just sitting at an idle. Then take a little water and pour it on the belt ,if the noise goes away, it's a belt problem .........replace the belt.

If it doesn,t it's not the belt making the noise.
If the belt is new, or newer, you may have a bad pulley.
You can change the belt out, but the squeaking is probably from a bad pulley bearing. Could be on the alternator, could be the free pulley, could be the water pump, etc. etc. If you're replacing a bad bearing, you might as well replace the belt while it's off if the belt is cheap.
mine was squealing really bad the other day, and on my way into town it blew off and i got into town and my car was heating up.. wasnt good.

$20 for a new one.
  • dating to find
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment